Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tea tonight - One Step beef casserole!

So, sometimes I change recipes... just a bit... and only sometimes.... just cos I don't have the 'right' ingredients in the cupboard, but just want to make it anyway!

Tonight we are having a One-Step Beef Casserole.
Not sure why it is One Step, I never do casseroles that you have to cook stuff for them first! Lazy!

So, my version of the recipe is this....

600g (or thereabouts) of  stewing steak (or blade) cut into cubes
1 packet of soup mix... they say tomato I only had chicken vegetable!
1T wine vinegar
2tsp mixed mustard
2tsp soy sauce
1t marjoram or oreganum
1/2 tsp thyme (I use basil!)
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 1/2 C water

Toss meat in soup mix, then put into casserole dish. Put other ingredients into dish in order listed. Stir well.

Put lid on casserole dish with a piece of tin foil under lid.
Cook at 150 for 2 hours stirring once during cooking. Leave to stand for 10  mins before serving.

Can add veges/potatoes etc to casserole, but they may overcook...

Enjoy!
(I will add photo when it is cooked...)

No comments:

Post a Comment