Sunday, June 26, 2011

No butter? Make some of these choc chip bikkies...

So, I wanted to make scones, but, I had a very small amount of butter that needed to be saved so I could use it for kids sandwiches. (Do scones use butter?!)


I googled recipes with no butter, and found a few variations. Most were either peanut butter or choc chip ones. So, 'cos I have a peanut butter hating child, I went with choc chips... she probably won't eat these either, but, there is more chance!


1 1/2C flour
1/2t baking soda
1/4t salt
1/4C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2C oil
1 large egg
1t vanilla essence
1 1/2C choc chips
3/4C rice bubbles


Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together.
In another bowl, whisk sugars, oil, egg, and vanilla essence together.
Add flour mixture.


Stir in choc chips and rice bubbles.


Make into fairly tight balls and cook at 180 for 8-10 mins.


One suggestion was to add walnuts for flavour, but I didn't! (same amount as rice bubbles)


They turn out really yummy, thank goodness... 

No comments:

Post a Comment