Monday, May 2, 2011

Pork.... stir-fry thingy

So, we have a pig in our freezer. And now I get a chance to use some pork recipes (as I don't buy pork at supermarket!)

This is a stirfry recipe I found, which we had on rice last night, and leftovers are being turned into a pie tonight!

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2-3tsp oil
500-600g pork mince
3T soy sauce
3T sherry (or, I had no sherry so used white wine!)
1T brown sugar
2T sweet chilli sauce
1C water
2 stalks celery
4 carrots
1 red pepper (yellow was my option!)
1 green pepper
200g green beans, or 1 can drained corn
200g cauli, and 200g cabbage (I only had brocolli, so used 400g of that)
1T cornflour
1/4C water

Brown onion and garlic in pan, raise heat and add mince. Stir, without breaking up mince too much, cook until mince has lost its raw look.
Add next 5 ingredients (soy, sherry, sugar, sauce, water)

Cover pan. Chop celery and carrots and add to pan. Cover. Slice peppers and beans and add these to pan.

Break cauli up, and chop cabbage coarsely. Stir into meat mixture. Cook about 5 mins more.

Mix cornflour and water together stir in about half, then add rest if necessary to glaze veges.

Serve on white rice - or noodles, or whatever takes your fancy...!

I think this needed more flavour, so would add more chilli sauce next time. Hope its okay as a pie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment